Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The best thing about saddle sore is...you get lots of ice cream 6/03/2011: Phu Khiao to Mong Nong Bua Lamphu 111.19km

Today i didn’t feel my best, i woke up feeling a bit grumpy, had a nagging headache and didn’t feel strong. Riding i was really struggling to keep up with Loon and Russell, their bikes do weigh half as mine but its the head wind and hills that slow me down more. There was a truck happily plodding along at 30kmph so i tucked into its slip stream and followed with ease, i also got the occasional tow for the hills. I didn’t have any problems with the speed Russell and Loon were going now but eventually my free ride did go a different way to me so i was back to doing it under my own steam.
By midday the i was feeling the heat and so were the other two so we pulled over for a drink some 15kms from the town we had aimed for. Checking Loons thermometer the temperature had rose to 43C! We braved the heat to the next town where after some noodles i just slept for about half an hour and when Loon and Russell wanted to get moving i just wanted to sleep some more, i felt crappy and the heat which was now down at 40C wasn’t helping.
After reluctantly getting back on the bike i did begin to feel a bit better but the was a developing saddle sore coming on. When we hit our final destination for the day before finding a hotel we went to the 7/11 for a slushy then Russell turned up with a beer, a much earned one and just what was required after a hard days cycle.
Checking into the hotel we went for food after showering. After dinner we found an ice cream stall where for 35 baht (70p) we got a fancy ice cream in a tall glass, I had two and it’s the first really ice cream i have had for as long as i can remember. I then wobbled back to the hotel (due to the saddle sore) where another beer was needed and did my nightly routine of doing my diary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment