Monday, February 14, 2011

Walled 12/02/2011: Satun to Trang 152.53km

I was rudely awaken to the song coming from the mosque next to my room at 5:30am this morning, which is slightly ironic as the first morning out of a Muslim country and into a Buddhist one (I think) I happen to be next to the nosiest  mosque in the world. Anyways I soon fell back to sleep again before my alarm went off at 6am, my signal to pack up and f@#* off, before I did I went for breakfast where  nobody speaking a word of English, I was given a pleasant surprise of a huge plate of egg fried rice, just what a growing boy needs.
The mosque from my room window
I’m going to try keep this short because I’m immensely tired and I find writing things the next day doesn’t work for me so I will persevere with finishing this now. Eventually setting off it was overcast, quite cool and the roads were undulating, pretty perfect stuff.  The sun inevitably did come through about 1030/ 1100 and cooked me hard, then from about 2pm I had a headwind to deal with. I think that is the reason for my absolute tiredness now, too much sun, it’s a powerful ball of burning gas.
The big difference between Thais and Malays is everyone in Thailand shouts ‘hello’ and gives you a big wave, they are such an upbeat bunch, it’s the enthusiasm in which they shout out hello that’s really quite special though it does wear me down a bit but I try and reply with the same excitement they give me. Getting to Trang I was stuck to find a cheap room when unknown to me the one I was after was just across the road. I again got myself a huge room for180 baht which is more than big enough for two people. Travelling in twos is the cheapest way to do Thailand it seems.
Tomorrow I should get to Krabi where I’m going to have some chill out time, right now I can barely hold my head up, I’ve not the energy to eat or drink, just sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment